Project: Center of Hope
GOAL: $ 125,000
Give to Center of Hope
To make a donation to Center of Hope using PayPal, after adding donation amount click on “Add special note to seller” and note that donation is for Center of Hope.
Mail in: Please make checks made payable to: African Outreach Ministries and add memo on the check as: Center of Hope
Mailing address for donations:
Checks can be made out and mailed to:
CENTER OF HOPE FUNDRAISING PROGRESS
During the first 10 years of African Outreach Ministries in Mozambique, many people give their lives to Jesus. A good foundation has been laid in the lives of local believers who have a strong desire to see their families and communities won for Jesus. Over the last several years, the role of the missionaries has shifted from being the catalyst of launching a discipleship movement, to that of trainer and equipper of the local disciples who now carry a large percentage of the work. As the movement matures, so does the need for better Biblically trained leaders. This will require a shift of time and resources on AOM’s part to meet those needs. We need to train and equip key disciples who will lead the churches in becoming truly self-supporting and self-sustaining. Our hope and vision is to see Mozambicans lead in the expansion of the Kingdom in Mozambique and throughout Africa. The Center of Hope will be a tool to help this become a reality. Join with us today and become a key part of fulfilling that vision.
What are the needs?
As the number of disciples continues to grow, not just numerically, but also generationally, the need for a long-term strategic training is essential. The Center of Hope can meet many of our ministry’s pressing needs.
We need a facility that allows us to receive leaders, house and feed them, while they are in training.
The Mozambican government is requiring us to have a physical “headquarters” as the base of operations here within the country. This Center of Hope will easily satisfy the government’s requirements.
The Center of Hope will have rooms that can serve as a temporary shelter for at risk children and as well as Christians seeking medical treatment at the Provincial Hospital.
Often a person who is HIV+ is cast out of their family. The Center of Hope can be a place for them to live out their lives with dignity while being cared for by Christians.
The facility will host church services on the weekends and additional Bible training during the week.
How will it be sustained?
The goal for the Center of Hope is for it to be 100% locally supported and maintained by the Christians in Mozambique!
Through the ECHO Project and microloans, AOM is working to build up disciples who are active in business, with the stated purpose of financing the ongoing expansion of the Kingdom, which would include the support of the Center of Hope.
We anticipate that the Center of Hope will produce revenue by renting out the training center for conferences and other events to other organizations.
The land was donated, there is no property tax, and the utility cost and food for those in shelter would be nominal and provided by local Christians.
- Construction of a training center ($35,000)
Training location for discipleship courses and evangelism (especially those disciples from the rural areas)
Serve a meeting place for the church on Sundays and throughout the week
Vocational training center (i.e., training women to sew or weave mats)
Serve as location for community outreach projects (i.e., English classes)
Host annual meetings, English Camp, and women’s conferences.
- Construction of a security wall around the Center of Hope land ($10,000)
- Construction of a two-room house and wall around the House of Hope land along with external kitchen and bathroom unit. ($23,000) Will house the caretakers of the Center of Hope. Will be used to house at risk children, cared for by the caretakers.
- Construction of a 3-room female dormitory, bathroom and Kitchen at the training center. ($17,500). Each room will house 6 beds (could be expanded to 8 if necessary) and be used to house female guests during seminars and trainings. Will be used to house female English Camp attendees once completed.
- Rehabilitation of original 3 room dormitory and bathroom along with new roof for the Mission Intern house on the property. ($12,500). The men’s dormitory was built with local materials and style (Thatched and reeds). It needs not only a proper roof, but new windows and doors installed. The bath room was needs major repairs to be able to be useable. A two-room missionary intern house has been built on the land. However, the roof needs to be changed and upgraded.
- Construction of 3 dormitory style single rooms at the House of Hope ($20,000). Members from the rural areas often come to the city seeking medical care at the Provincial hospital. They or family members often need temporary housing. A person suffering from AIDS here is often shunned by their family. This will allow us to care for the dying person with love and dignity.
- Misc. Projects for the Center of Hope land improvements: ($7,000). Construction of water tower and tank for water supply (we’ve already dug a borehole with good water). Upgrade to Electrical supply for the land and all the buildings. Construction of small parking lo. Devotional amphitheater with fire pit. Basic landscaping
** The estimated costs of construction include the furnishing of the different facilities so they are ready to use (i.e., basic furnishing, beds, cooking utensils, etc.…).